CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 11, 2008

a little freaked out..

Okay, so I think that everyone including myself is a little freaked out about the current and ever rising gun situations we have in our country. We have been so blessed to live in a country where we don't have a militia- I think that is what they are called, or Gorillas or Taliban running about shooting whatever they feel. However, it seems like it has become more common to hear about people shooting each other, or whatever. It makes me sick, I'm not afraid to go out and go shopping, but you never know what wack job you may run into at Target or on the road. Jared and I both have taken sealed weapons permits classes.

Which brings me to my current trauma. I got the kids off to school and Ella and I took Osita to the groomer, and Ella was very upset since Osita is her little pal. Ella kept saying over and over, 'no go get Sita'.. I just laughed and said, we'll go get her when she is all clean and shiny. So we get home and it is quieter since Osita is gone.

I start work as soon as I can so I can get it done while Ella is preoccupied, I went to turn on a DVD for her and found a gun clip for a 22, my heart SANK! The first thing I think of is that Ella wanted Osita home, and she wasnt here to smell out any strangers, not that she is a gaurd dog, but she is a dog and can sense another person... you know.. then I think, SHIT, I didn't set the alarm before I left, so I ran over and set it, cause if I were to run out of the house or someone break a window or something downstairs it would sound and the Police would show up. I grab Ella and go in our room and call Jared to make sure he didn't leave it out, mind you that there is a gun in our room and I am getting it ready at this point while calling Jared, while crying hysterically.. My brother Cam was over yesterday and the thought came to me that maybe for some reason he brought a clip and left it by the TV (really it was a rational thought at the time) After talking to Jared he determined that it was his, and Ella must have gotten it out of his nightstand drawer and then one of the older kids took it from Ella and put it up. This is all just a bunch of nonsense now, but can you understand why I was freaked out? SO anyways, after talking to Jared we have decided that gun clips, bullets etc.. don't go in the nightstand cause who knows if that's all the neighbors gun would need and the kids happen to come apon it.

P.S. The bullets were not real bullets but blanks, so its more to scare than actually blow a hole through the wall or eyeball.

5 comments:

Jan said...

HOly Cow HILL! Scary! I agree.. our world is getting incredibly scary. You guys are pretty smart to get a license to carry. The new CD's worked last night... I was pretty HAPPY!

Cisneros Family said...

That is really scary! Sorry you had to go through that. How is everything else going? Are you going to your parents house tomorrow?

Rhiannon said...

That is a little freaky. I'm glad that everything worked out ok though.

Amanda Jayne Dibb said...

Hmmmm....I am not sure what I think is more scary...finding a random clip in your home...or the fact that you actually have a gun in your house.

Heidi J Photography said...

Hill....you should have ran over to my house if you thought someone was running around the neighborhood with a gun....who would have protected me? I guess you are getting back at me for not calling you about your alarm that one day....nice BFF! j/k I'm glad everything is okay.