I guess that when I set the expectations of my kids never getting old enough to be bigger than me I thought we would always be the same.. PBJ's for lunch, naps, movies...
It's been a huge reality check for me to have Gavin. It was kind of cool when he would put my tennis shoes on and say, "Hey Mom! They fit!" (Cool, now take them off) But now he tries them on and he is a little disapointed that they DONT fit, and it's not because his feet are too small.
Probably the weirdest thing for me is the fact that there is another human walking around our house with me that is, well, as big as me.
4 comments:
He is getting so big and so cute. Won't be long and he will be passing up Dad too. I need to see you guys again, its been too long.
I feel your pain lady! Nic's feet have been bigger than mine for about 2 years and I've only got a couple inches on him. He can't wait for the day he is taller than me. And I'm afraid he won't have to wait long.
I hate that they grow up. Don't they know it makes us feel old?! Rylee hasn't even started Kindergarten and she's taller than the average second grader... makes her seem even older than she is. I just want to squish her down and make her stay little... do you think that would be considered child abuse?
Oh man! I am so scared for the day that this happens to me! It too makes me sad that Gav is as big as me as well! Love the pics!
Post a Comment