CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Trans-ition..more than meets the eye..


Guess what everybody?

There is an end in sight.

That is I see the light at the end of my tunnel. I've heard to "stay away from the light" but I am runnin' like a bat out of Hell to get there. I have 235 hours LEFT of school.. it's still a good 2 months.. wait.. 2 months and I will be free Monday through Thursday evening and Saturday days?? Free of slave labor? Free of the creep guys who no matter how much shampoo you use they still smell like a grease ball? Free of the generics of schools, socials and niceties. I didn't enjoy highschool, and hair school is HairSpray High.

Okayokay.. as much as I hate to admit it, I will also miss it, I told myself that I need to start taking pictures at school, of befores and afters, of the things I love about school the things I'm going to miss. Our hair show is coming up May 20th, and it's been crazy on Wednesday nights, putting costumes together, hair idea's and make-up. It's been my favorite part of school to be free of boundaries and design something the way I want it and have the models rock it out. Last Saturday we had 24 models come and get there hair done for a runway show, I was able to work on 4 with the help of a partner, this was the day after I found out about my Grandpa William Buchanan passing away so I was having a hard time getting into it, I don't even remember styling the first model, but once I lost myself in the work we were able to create some pretty amazing hair. (Like I said, I can't remember the 1st one and I'm waiting on pics to verify the awesomness of that..) I will also miss the colors we are required to dress is. I've actually grown quite fond of black, whites, and greys.. not so much the browns. Whenever I shop I go to those colors. Im sure it will be a big part of my wardrobe here on out. I've always worn a lot of gray, it was my choice color in highschool. People asked if it was my gang color.. that wasn't too nice.

The other transition that worries me is being home again, home again, jiggity jig.. lets face it.. momma hasnt been running the evening shift for about 2 years, there is going to be some adjustment. We all know what an organized freak I am, and I am already implementing ideas and plans to help the flow, flow. It's also been 2 years since I've consistently worked out. I have a goal to start doing something, anything, hula hoop, cartwheels, chasing kids, rollerblade.. on that note, I want to join a roller derby league. My name would be "The Mad Stylist". I don't know that it will ever actually come to fruition due to the roughness of the sport, but when I was 14, my cousin Annie and I would skate everywhere and everyday. I totally want to do it. Okay, side-tracked..

4 comments:

Teisha said...

Yeah! The end is near! We could be a roller durby team. I skated everywhere too with my best friend when I was little. My name would be...hmmmm..."rodeo wreaker"!

Jennie said...

Oh how I love that you are posting more often. I just love to read your blog! I'm so excited for you to be done with school. We will have to celebrate once your done! Roller derby would be fun, I would need help with a name though. I'm not the most creative. Love you Hilly!!

Corpuz Family said...

Yeah for school ending soon! Hopefully we will get to see each and talk more!!!

Loni Hanson said...

YAY Hillary! I am so excited for ya! I will miss coming to the school and getting my hair done down the street! Fun times :) And that pic of you and Ella is soo darling! You guys look like twins to the max!