CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Sundays Fundays

Sundays we really try to focus on family and spending quality time together. When we lived in St. George or AZ we had a lot of that time, not just on Sundays, since we came back to SL it's been busier than life has ever been for us. Not just family gatherings and such but as the kids get older you take them to lessons, friends, parties and school things. Seems there isn't a week we are in school there isn't something going on! I really relish the times we are just there, laughing and playing and growing together.

A few weeks ago my dear Grandpa Buchanan had a stroke. It has changed him dramatically. He needs help doing most things, he is able to feed himself, but he can't prepare his own meals. I have become so fond of my Grandmother over the last few weeks watching her sacrifice for him. She does so much for him, and always has. She is the type of Grandma that doesn't call you by your first name, but calls you 'love', or if she is telling a story about you, it's about "our Hillary".. I always thought it was funny but now I think it's the most endearing term. Grandma is always knitting, and she knits anything from baby booties, to bandages for the "little people" who have some kind of a disease and they need gentle bandages, sweaters, Grandpa's socks and of course, slippers for everyone and anyone who asks. The above picture is of Caitlee, my Mom, Ella, Me, Soraya and Grandma.. My, my, we are brown..

And last but not least, little DaLilah Gloria made her way into the world, Hans & Loni's first of many I'm sure.. right Loni? She was born July 1st, and was about 5 pounds 8 ounces (I may be off by a couple ounces), she's a peanut.

4 comments:

Jan said...

Wow! You been hanging in the sun or what? Look how brown you are!
LOL!

Amy said...

Love the pic of you on the swing, you look so pretty Hillary. Sorry to hear about your grandpa, it's hard to see our loved ones suffer, I hope that he get's better soon. Hope to see you at Bunko next week!

Johnston Family said...

Sorry about your Grandpa, that's so sad! But on a brighter note, you do look really pretty & the baby is adorable!

Lisa Loeffler said...

I love the photo of you, your mom, and grandma! That is so precious! Also, loved the simple photo of your family playing games - a rarity this day and age!