In June, we went to Denver for a wedding and a belated birthday celebration, in honor of Jared's Grandpa Leon, who is 99, and to visit other family that resides in Denver Colorado. A common question we got was, what route did we take to get there, you see there are 2 popular routes to get there, through Wyoming and the other way is through Green River/Grand Junction Colorado, we did both, we went through Wyoming on our way there and it was quicker, seemed like a 4 hour drive. We have good kids. We came back through Grand Junction, Co. Which seemed so much longer, but it is beautiful, you go through Vail, Palasades (known for their peaches) Grand Junction, Green River. This way was much longer as far as time goes, there was construction in 3 or 4 spots.
I was able to meet a lot of Jared's family that I haven't had a chance to know, most of his cousins. However-I have been so tired lately that I can't think of anything clever or interesting to write about.
In the picture up there on the left is Grandma Thatcher- who moved to Denver last year so she could live with Judy, her other daughter, rather than in a retirement home. We are very fortunate to have long living realatives. Both of my Grandparents are alive and well and Jared has his Mom's Mom and his Dad's Dad to look up too. Grandpa Thatcher died due to illnesses and I think that Grandma Corpuz died of illnesses as well. I was able to get to know Grandpa Thatcher, however Grandma Corpuz passed on before I had the pleasure of meeting her. Grandma T and her girls
Dillon, Grandma T. and My Gavin
Ariel, Tianna, My Caitlee, Aspen, Atallia, Grandma T., Lauryn, My Soraya and My Ella.
We met her for breakfast and she was so excited to see some of her beloved 'girls'.. (if you didn't know, Corpuz boys haven't been known to have boys, there are only 4 grandboys, one with the Corpuz name, out of 20 some odd grand kids!) She broke her thumb and hit her head off the ground going out side to get her mail. She is okay, just in a lot of pain. Poor, poor Grandma Thatcher.
On the right is a picture of us with Grandpa Leon. He is doing so well, he loves to watch boxing. His only compliants are his hearing and his sight. He still walks freely and seems pain free. His memory is amazing, I have met him about 4 times and he remembers me and all our children. Multiply that by 9 of Jareds siblings and all their cousins I can barely keep straight. That is Doug in the sun glasses, he wanted to be apart of our picture, we didn't realize that until now.
Family, isn't it about time?
Thursday, July 5, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Sounds like you had a great trip. I love that grandparents are living longer. I have a few that are still alive and it is nice to find out about their lives before they are gone.
Post a Comment