CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Ovarian Cysts

Now this is potentially in hindsight, I feel more secure talking about it.

In April I had a nasty cyst on my ovary that decided to burst, that hurt. When I went in for my follow up 6 weeks later, I had 2 cysts the size of chicken eggs on my right ovary. One was complex, meaning it had 'stuff' in it. Stuff meaning, stuff.. whatever grows in these things. My doctor was concerned, he said there was a slight possibility it may be cancerous. Yeah that is what I needed to hear. I had a uncle pass away from cancer in his belly region. Needless to say, my anxiety was peeked, I was freaked. Sure people survive cancer, but who wants to go through that. Within 2 days, my friend Jan calls and she has a cyst on her ovary, but they have to remove it cause it's full of blood. She was jealous. She had a full on surgery, they took out all her woman stuff and she is in recovery. That's something else to freak me out, sure take my ovaries I don't need them, and while your at it, put me down and out for the next 6 weeks, my kids are old enough to make ham sandwiches, they'll survive. No thanks. My surgery is scheduled for August 13.

So I went to the doctor Friday cause Thursday night I started having more severe pain on my right ovary, the anxiety is worse, what if I have to have the surgery Friday!

The ultrasound dildo revealed that the cyst was draining, HALLELOUYA! (that is spelled so wrong and I don't even care) I have to go back in 6 weeks and there will probably be another cysts, but for now, I am draining.

1 comments:

Rhiannon said...

Hillary, that is crazy. I'm sorry to hear that you are in so much pain. I know how you feel. I'm currently having those same cysts. Even though they have burst or anything they are there the Dr. said there is nothing that he can do right now. Which sucks. Sometimes just being a woman Sucks. We have to deal with being pregnant but the our woman parts breaking down. I don't get it? Let me know how I can help out with anything.
Also on a side note to add links to other peoples blogs you go to setting tab it is at the top of the blog. It will have a place that says "add page elements" then just go from there.