Today is one of those days. I have sprung a leak, and I am about to pop.
I am going to make it publicly known that yes, I have four kids, AND yes, I do work, and YES I am going to go to school part time.
Do you think I didn't know that?
For some reason I think people wonder about my mind. They may find I am too far gone to make a 'rational' (almost spelled that rashional) decision. Oddly enough I have thought long and hard about going to school and how this may affect my family, including the kids, positive or negative. There is something that I feel empowered to say, sort of like when they called Tyra Banks "America's next top waddle" or Jennifer Love Hewitt a blubber, I know what free agency is, do you? That is where WE as individuals have the opportunity to make a CHOICE for our selves. I asked a friend, his response to what free agency is was this "free agency to me is being my own person who makes my own decisions" and I would like to add, suffer the consequences to those decisions. To that I may toast this: if someone makes a decision to cut off their finger, it may be wise to take them aside and help them to thoughtfully consider this rash decision. But if someone says, I am going to better my life and take pole dancing classes (just an example) be supportive, even if you don't agree with that particular decision, what is it really going to hurt you? Do you have to ask "why?", "how?" & of course, the always dooming "now?"
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
today
Posted by Hillary Corpuz at 11:45 AM
Labels: totally me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
You do what is best for you and don't let anyone ese tell you it's wrong. Life is complicated and busy sometimes. It's okay!
Life for me was absolutely crazy when I went back to school last fall and spring, but I am so glad that I did it and I will go back again to do more.
I hope you enjoy school and are able to juggle it with everything else life gives us. I'm sure you'll do GREAT!
YOU GO GIRL! (Visualize me doing the triple snap with my fingers) I think that that's awesome that you are doing that! What are you going to be going into?
I can't believe you work, have 4 kids, and go to school! Are you insane? Oh, did I miss the whole point of the post? Love ya like an 'ister'
I'm proud of you!
Oh Hillary, you do have quite a bit on your plate, but you go girl. We MISSED you tonight at Bunco, Boo Hoo! HOpe things are good.
I think it's awesome you are going back to school. You are a great Mom and you have the potenial to do whatever you want. Go and do, my friend.
ps. I thought you were announcing a new baby when I started reading this post. How funny would that have been? ...or would it?
AS a working mom of 3 boys and a girl who is finishing up my MBA I understand the things that you talk about. I will worn you that the words of those around you will make you constantly doubt what you are doing, just do a check in constantly on what is best for you and your family- yes amazingly enough our familys are different from others and they have different needs, and for some reason some people like to think that all familys need the same thing. Good luck to you and I fully support you work hard and my only advice is "be in the moment" when it is time to work-work time to study-study and time to be a mom-be the mom.
Listen here little Hillary...I am so dang proud of you and your choice to go back to school! I really think it's something you're kids will admire about you. I know I do. I hope to one day go back to school. Hey and I know you can do it, you're one awesome women!
Love Ya!
woa hill..what happen? Have you received a lot of crap or something for your decisions as of late? You are great and will be just fine..I support you in all you do!
My sweet hilly. What can I say? Take it from someone who knows how challenging life can be at times. Sometimes I think I could have a serious break down. As women/moms we do take on a lot, but I say if friends and fam can't be supportive, who cares? Embrace the ones that are, and forget about whatever whoever said. You are doing something great for your self AND your family. Yes it will be hard. But who said life was easy? Right? Just worth it. It is amazing that you are going back to school. Most people just talk about it. I am proud of you for chasing your dreams. I love ya!
Jess
ps. I know this is late. but i've been out of the blogging loop for a bit.
Post a Comment