CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Livin' Loeffler- for the weekend.

Jared's sister invited us to spend the weekend with them in St. George last weekend. Through the weekend Lisa was trying to think of what to call their blog, (I added them so check them out!) They decided Livin' Loeffler was appropriate, and so did I. While we were with them our every need was met, we didn't have to worry about a thing. Honestly, it was one of the most relaxing get aways yet. Most people know that I absolutley LOVE St. George and if they (being St. George) could ever get the cockroaches under control, we would move back in a second. However, since the cockroaches will likely never leave, sounds like it's going to be a vacation spot from here on out. I have to admit though, while with the Loefflers my mind didn't wander to wonder about the notorious pests, Friday we arrived and Dave had the grill going with delicious tender steak, chicken and chicken brats. The kids swam and swam while we just hung out by the pool. Saturday morning we got up and swam and layed out until about 12ish, we showered grabbed some bubble tea's and the kids went with Grandma to see "Kung-Fu Panda" (6 grandkids to one Grandma, what a Grandma-right?) while we saw "The Love Guru" which was absolutely hilarious, but VERY offensive to the unprepared, so heave my warning, there is a lot, and I mean a lot, of sexual humor. So after the movies it was back to the pool for a few hours, I didn't swim I finished up "The Host" and loved it, I didn't want it to end. It did take me about 70 pages to figure out the book and really get into it, even then I felt like it was really wordy, but it finally came around and I was totally sucked in. Anyways, we went out to eat at the Painted Pony Saturday night and it was delicious! Next time you are in St. George you must go there. Sunday was lax, we got up, ate, the kids swam and played, we left about 12:30 and got some In-N-Out. Which the more I eat at that place the more I don't feel like I love it. It's a good thing, I need to eat healthier. It was so nice to be taken care of for the weekend and try livin' Loeffler Style for a few days.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How pretty is that pool!! How do I get one? Thanks for Saturday night. It was fun. Yes lets do go camping!! I don't know of any pool/camping/grass places etc. around here, but we could find one. If not, the mountains are always great too. Lets plan a weekend to go.

Jan said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Yay for you... I know how R&R is much needed sometimes.

Cicely said...

Ahhh... The Painted Pony. Almost forgot about it. Thanks for putting it back on my brain.

Can I see you before I leave? I am planning to go to Grandma Bs to say goodbye sometime this week. Will you be there at all?

Dibbers said...

Hilly had to say thay I am glad you like school. I think you will be great at it. St. George looked fun!!

Amy said...

That slide looks so fun! Glad you had a good time. Love little getaways!

JALECO said...

Thanks for not putting any pictures of your fat husband on the blog his blubber kind of makes me ill! He he!

Lisa Loeffler said...

Such fun pictures...glad you posted them cause the girls LOVED looking at them over and over again. So glad you could come down, it's always a blast having visitors and the girls love hangin' with their cousins...let's do it again soon
p.s. - Aspen would love something from Limited Too or Justice and Atallia would love something from build a bear - maybe gift certificates??

janana said...

We love St. George too. Isn't it nice to have great family and friends(in our case) to stay with. Looks like alot of fun.