CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 20, 2008

THE BOY IS 10.. goodness I'm old.

When I told Gav he was born at 6:40 a.m. the fist thing he did was set his alarm clock. I can't believe he is 10, I remember holding him when he was under 10 pounds, crying because "one day he is going to leave me and go on a mission!" Well.. that reality is only 9 years away now and I'm not at all teary eyed.(When it gets to that day, I may need a few boxes of tissues.) I love to watch him grow into the man he will one day be. All of these life lessons I am hoping he is carrying with him in one way or another to grow and learn from. I love you Gavin.


6 comments:

Jan said...

OH HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAV! Were these pictures taken this morning? How fun... I cant wait till tonight.. oh great.. what are jared and i going to eat? NOT GREASY PIZZA! lol...

Unknown said...

How sad and happy at the same time! I struggled a bit when my oldest turned 10 in October. They grow up SO fast! My youngest brother-in-law in on his mission right now and Brayden is constantly reminding me that he is the next missionary to leave in our family. Ahh! Happy Birthday Gavin!

Cisneros Family said...

Happy birthday Gav!! I can not believe he is ten. Where does the time go? I am excited for sunday! What is gavin into? What can we get him for his birthday?

Fuchs Family said...

Man, you must be old. A 10 year old, I can't believe it! They grow up so fast. Even though I don't know Gavin, tell him Happy Birthday!

Amy said...

Hillary,
Ok so did you have Gavin when you were 12, you seriously don't look a day over 22. Wow a 10 year old, I am seriously freaking out about having a 6 year old, I can't imagine when Taylor is 10. Cute pics and it looks like he had a good day.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.