Okay so I am behind since the new weeks TTA will post tomorrow. But I felt like a slacker for not doing this. It's going to be the longest post ever..
Hillary Cisneros is my given name. My parents have no special story behind that name other than it was unique and thought it was pretty. My opinions on my name are as follows: I don't like telling people my name because I get a) are you named after Hillary Clinton--the answer being absolutley not. I am appalled by that question. b) people hear Lori, not Hillary. I don't know it's just a weird name.. H is a soft letter so if you want people to hear Hillary and not Illary, then you really have to push that H out, (deep breath) HHHillary. Cisneros isn't mexican, it's actaully spanish. There are a lot of mexican's running around with Cisneros on the back of their cadillacs-- they aren't my cousins. Or my brothers. I was sad growing up with out a middle name. I used to lie and say it was Anne, my mom's middle name. Now I use my maiden name for a middle name. Hillary Cisneros Corpuz. I went from Cisneros, a name I had to repronounce to everyone and respell over and over to Corpuz, a name that people are just confused by. C-O-R-P-U-Z.. (was that a t? Cortuz?) My name is my name, people call me Hill, Hilly or Hilly-billy. (that all sounds kind of bitter)
Gavin Liunus Cisneros was the name of my first cabbage patch that I still own. I loved this doll, I took it everywhere and still have it. I used to tell people that when I had my own real baby that I would name him Gavin Liunus. So I did it, I had my own real baby and named him Gavin Lyons. Gavin come from scottish and welsch origin, which my Mother has. Lyons is my Grandfathers Middle name and his mothers Maiden name.
Soraya Jayne, Soraya(pronounced So-ray-a)comes from Dominican Republic, Jared served his mission there. Jayne is my Aunts name and I always liked it. I loved the traditional name Sariah, but didn't like the spelling, it just felt weird. So when I spoke this to Jared he relayed the Dominican spelling which I absolutely love. Since I had Gavin I wanted a girl, and she was going to be a princess so she needed a name of a princess.
Caitlee, my poor baby that didn't get a middle name. He he.. She was supposed to be just Cait. But I wanted a middle name for sure and so we added Lee which is Jareds middle name. When we were filling out the birth certificate Caitlee was put as her first name with no middle name. The whole time I was pregnant with Cait I knew in the depths of my soul that she was a boy. I just knew it. I am pretty sure that is why she is such a sporty little girl.
Ella Ruth is the baby of our family. Ella in spanish is feminine meaning 'she'. A little back ground, none of Jareds brothers have been able to produce boys, good thing they aren't Kings looking for an heir, but they have all had girls. So this being our 3rd together I just guessed it was a girl and skipped all boy names. (we wouldn't find out what we were having, we loved the suprise even though it was always a girl) So anyways, I like Ella since we were inclined to have another girl anyways. Ruth is my moms name and it's a strong name. Being the youngest and the most loved, protected, coddled I thought it was appropriate to give her strength in her name. 
Thursday, March 13, 2008
TUESDAY TELL ALL..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I liked how you got your children's names. Really sweet.
Your kids are seriously BEAUTIFUL..
Had to laugh a little because my parents had the name Hillary all picked out for me and then when I was born...they said I didn't look like one.
My first love as a child was my boy cabbage patch kid Brandon. I took him EVERYWHERE. Now he is still a favorite of my kids.
Okay.. so i want to participate in tuesday tell all... fun... how?
Hillary,
So I love this post. You are so cute with all of your kids names. And I have to say your kids are beautiful. I'm excited about the playgroup idea, way to head it up. Go Hillary!! Can't wait to see you then.
I'm glad that you decided to post this even though you hadn't done it by Tuesday! I thought about it, but I'm a slacker.
You're kids are beautiful and I love all of their names!
I can't wait for the egg hunt! I guess I'll see you there!
Post a Comment