CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

TTA- Jobs..


Oh the jobs I have had. My very first job was at my Great Uncles bakery in Holladay, Leslie's Bakery. I decorated cakes, and desserts, I filled eclairs, and decorated them as well. I sprinkled 1,000 layer flake cakes with powdered sugar (also known as napoleons) I loved working with my Great Uncle Alex, he was so young at heart, he was always flipping buttercream at me, smearing my cheek with it or something or other. He was so fun. I only worked there for a short time, but I loved it no less.

My next job I think was at Normandie Cafe & Bakery in Holladay (right by Leslie's actually) I was a clerk and would assist customers with orders and drinks. I learned how to use a coffee machine and made some delicious Latte's, espresso's and other caffine rich drinks. I worked there until I got a job at Voicestream, now T-Mobile.

So while at Voicestream I met so many fun and neat people. When I started at Voicestream I was about 9 weeks pregnant. No one knew and I wasn't accepting or dealing. I was able to meet Jamie Lee Curtis as she was our spokesmodel. She was so nice and personable as a celebrity. So in March I called my manager and told him I was pregnant and due in a few weeks. He was a little floored. I was really close to the staff, and they were all shocked that I was that pregnant and no one knew. That night at work I went into labor. Needless to say they helped me through a new and challenging part of my life and I will always remember them and what they did for me.

My next venture in employment was at Costco Wholesale in St. George. I worked there until I had Ella. I actually had a accident at work and Costco was in no way supportive of that (still aren't) so I decided to part ways. I loved working with the staff of Costco, it was very political there, thankfully I was working for fun, not to move up in management so it didn't affect me much. And who doesn't love Costco right?

Last but not least I now work for Occurance. Istayhome.com I just take calls for 4 hours a day. It's pretty brainless and it works for me. I would love to start hair school this fall and I am working on paying for that.

5 comments:

Jan said...

Wow Hill, how exciting... You are a baker at heart! heehe.. show me some tricks, will ya?

Sally said...

Hi Hillary! Its Sally from TTA-
Just laughing at your comment and thought I need to clear it up. I was just kidding on my post about the dentist. We were/are married and have been for 12 years. After dental school I managed his office for a couple of years before we had kids. I thought it would be funny to see what kind of reactions I would get and well...yours was perfect.

I thought my comment about being the girls daddy would give it away but apparently it made it worse!

I am impressed that you were gutsy enough to comment thinking that I was the "other women" soooo funny.

Anyway, back to your post- you've had some fun jobs and I bet can bake lots of fun treats after working in a bakery. We should do a TTA on recipes!

You family is DARLING!

janana said...

try looking under shoe parties or booking a shoe party then click on Liz. let me know if that helps.

Amy said...

Fun jobs, you really are quite the jack of all trades aren't you?

Cain said...

Wait a minute... Aren't you forgetting that one job,,, with the pagers???? I think I worked there for a minute with you. We may have carpooled a few times... Pagenet.. I believe... ha ha.. oh the jobs we have had.. miss you Micheal Jordan!