I am considering making my blog private. If you read this and want to continue let me know so I can add you.
UPDATE:
Okay, so the reason I am going private is just for privacy concerns. I just worry about stranger danger, I love my neighborhood and would hate to put any of the children that play at risk. Including mine. You never know.
I have had close calls in the past, basically what happened was we were living in St. George at the time and it was Halloween, I had my three kids with me (this was pre Ella life) and I went into Joann Fabrics to finish my pirate costume. So as I was entering this guy helped me and held the door for me to go in, I thanked him and started looking around. I noticed that he was following me around the store, but it was a small store and I didn't want to be all, "are you following me?" which I should have. But I didn't, I just finished my shopping and left, ironically, he left too. Held the door for me in fact. What a nice guy.. NOT.. anyways, I went and ran to my car cause at this point I was freaking out. Threw my kids in the car and jumped in my door. I was parked with cars all around me so I couldn't get out in front of me, I would have to back out. So I went to get into the car and the guy was behind me (blocking me in) and approached me. He ended up grabbing my leg, asking if I was ever in porn. I told him to back off, grabbed my cell and called 9-1-1. Keep in mind that all 3 of my kids are in the car at this point Gavin is saying, "Mom, he is a stranger and you shouldn't talk to him." I was crying because I was so scared. Soraya was crying too, because I was crying and there was panic in Gavin's voice. The police came and took a description of the man and his car. There were similar complaints in Las Vegas but not in St. George at the time. I went to my grandparents house after, the police officer said not to go home in case I was followed. I have had other experiences leaving work and going to parks.
Not that this happens every day. But the sickness of people frightens me. And for this reason I am going private.
Monday, March 24, 2008
Privacy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Hey,
I just got on for the first time in days, wow I was going through withdrawls from checking up on my friends. Why do you want to go private, did something happen? But I would love to be added to yours, let me know what to do.
fabfivefam@comcast.net
You are making me a little nervous. Why the privacy? You better add me to yours, or else!
I am also curious as to the sudden change of plans! Make sure I'm added so I can keep checking in. And by the way, I thought that the egg hunt was great fun!
well if you or your husband are anything like my husband I understand (nervous ned). That's why I don't have any pictures yet. he does have a point the world is a crazy place. I don't see much harm in it but he thinks differently. yes I want to be added, and how do you make it private? I will bring intites to Bunco for my party. Bring anyone you think might want to come!
PS. Love Dean Koontz. I have a tone of his books let me know if you want to barrow any.
Add me. I just took mine off of the private setting last week, and I've been worried about it ever since. I think I'll make mine private again too. JennFlint@aol.com
Hey Hillary! Add me for sure abernethy76@hotmail.com or jabernethy07@gmail.com
btw-I don't blame you at all. I've thought about it as well. It's crazy how you can just google someones name and find out information about them.
Take Care!
See ya tomorrow!
Wow,
Crazy story, that is really scary. I'm sorry to hear that that happened to you. Do add me to yours, murphy04@msn.com and I'll see you tomorrow.
That is the scariest thing I've ever heard. and if you don't add me- I'll kill you.(Not in the creepy way.)
Hey, just had to say I think your wise. This is coming from someone who is already private and is sad that so many other who I have "met" are going too, but I think its the safest thing to do.
Why take any chances!
Loving the Hooker comment!
Hey Hillary I still want to read your blog. My e-mail is mikenrhi@msn.com
Hey Hillary it is Tami I would love to be include. tjoblue16@gmail.com. I also have a blog if you are interested in looking. Hansen6.blogspot.com
Post a Comment